Last updated 07th February 2019
Terms of Usage
0. "Account" means a password-protected personalised login to the Site providing Content specific to you;
1. "Content" means any information on the Site including without limitation text, photographs or other images;
2. "Member" means a card carrying member of Collared.
3. "Membership" means membership of Collared (people who have a valid Collared card gained via event attendance);
4. "Collared "; "we" or "us" means Collared or any person or organisation involved in any part of the design, development, response-handling, marketing, promotion or other similar aspects of the Site;
5. "Site" means the ClubCollared.com member website and other sites directly related to Collared and each page of such websites from time to time;
6. "User" refers to any person viewing or interacting with this Site, including "you";
3.1 Content, opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or other Content made available through this Site are those of their respective authors and not of Collared and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such Content. Collared does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on this Site and neither adopts nor endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made. Under no circumstances will Collared be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's reliance on information or other Content posted on this Site or transmitted to Users.
3.2 The minimum age for use of this site is 18. Misrepresenting your age may violate laws by which you are bound.
3.3 Collared reserves the right, but has no obligation, to edit or remove any Content without question, reason or notice.
4 Site Contents:
4.1 The mention or appearance of any person or organisation featured on these pages is not to be taken as any indication of sexual, social or political orientation of such persons or organisations. No responsibility can be assumed for unsolicited materials and submission is construed as permission to publish without further correspondence.
4.2 The Content made available in this Site, including materials in linked Sites directly or indirectly accessible from this Site, are provided "as is" without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement. Collared does not warrant that the materials will be error free, nor free of viruses, defamatory, offensive, or other harmful matter. You assume the entire cost of any necessary service, repair, or correction. The Content may include inaccuracies or typographical errors that will be corrected as they are discovered at Collared's sole discretion.
4.3 The photographs featured on Collared are the property and responsibility of the sender and may not be reproduced on any Site other than Collared without the permission of the person concerned.
4.4 You agree to be bound by the House Rules posted below and to comply with Collared's warnings procedure if you are asked to modify your profile
5 Site links:
5.1 The materials that can be accessed from linked Sites are not maintained or monitored by Collared and Collared is not responsible for the contents thereof. Any reference to a linked Site or any specific third party product or service by name does not constitute or imply its endorsement by Collared, and you assume all risk with respect to its use.
6 Conduct of Users:
6.1 You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for interactions with other Users of this Site and that you are solely responsible for all Content that you publish or post to this Site or transmit to other Users of this Site.
6.2 You agree that by interacting with this Site or providing Content to Collared that you are granting Collared permission to use that material on this Site.
6.3 You agree that you will not publish, post or transmit on this Site material that any reasonable person would deem offensive or abusive in tone, inaccurate, obscene, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal, or any material that infringes or violates another party's rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity) or may be deemed in any way anti-social or damaging towards Collared, its staff or its members. This includes, but is not limited to: the posting of messages to other Users, whether in public areas or using the private messaging system; your choice of public name or Collared id; and your basic entry and your profile.
6.4 You agree not to post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Collared may ask to see proof of such consent, and may remove content if such proof is not provided.
6.5 You agree not to make false claims about the authenticity of photographs. Particularly, any photograph of a person that is posted for inclusion with your basic information must be a photograph of you or of your work. In all cases you must not use images where you do not have permission of the photograph's subjects to publish the image on a public internet Site.
6.6 You agree not to include in public Content on this Site any telephone numbers, street addresses, email addresses and, in any Content on this Site, offensive anatomical or sexual references, or offensive language, and you will not post other people's personal information. You also agree that your profile summary and related photo captions will not include the address of an internet Site without appropriate consent of the copyright holders. Collared reserves the right, but has no obligation, to reject any text or photograph that does not comply with these prohibitions.
6.7 You agree to use this Site in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations in your jurisdiction and the laws of England, where the Site is hosted. You shall not copy, use, modify, transmit, distribute, reverse engineer, or in any way exploit copyrighted or proprietary materials available in this Site, except as expressly permitted by the respective owners thereof. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names in this Site are the marks of the respective owners, and any unauthorised use thereof is strictly prohibited.
6.8 You agree to not post any images depicting nudity or graphic images of anyone under 18 years old, and no images whatsoever of anyone under 16 years old.
6.9 You agree not to engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Users to buy or sell any products or services through this Site unless permission has been granted by Collared. You agree not to use this Site for commercial purposes, recruitment, business advertising, escort services or other purposes that may be construed as commercial or non-personal.
6.10 You agree not to transmit any chain letters, spam letters, or junk email to other Users, not to participate in mischievous or malicious behaviour which causes damage or may cause damage to Collared or this Site or any of the computer systems on which this Site resides. You agree not to attempt to bypass any of the security measures implemented on this Site or on any of the computer systems on which this Site resides.
6.11 Collared has the absolute right to modify or delete any or all information relating to and accessible by a User, including deletion or restriction of that User's Account, without prior notice or reason. Any modification will be intended to bring content into line with Collared's terms and conditions, and before implementation the user will be notified and will have a course of appeal explained. In cases of dispute, the majority decision of the Trustees and Promoter of Collared shall be final.
7 Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability:
7.1 Under no circumstances shall Collared, nor affiliates, staff, agents or suppliers, be liable for any damages, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, consequential, or other damages (including without limitation lost profits, lost revenues, or similar economic loss), whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, arising out of the use or inability to use the Content available in this Site or any linked Site, even if Collared is advised of the possibility thereof, nor for any claim by a third party.
7.2 Collared hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, including without limitation, any warranties to the availability, accuracy, or Content of information, products, or services, or any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
7.3 Collared shall in no event be liable for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of records for any cause of action.
8.1 You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Collared, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities, damages and expenses (including reasonable fees) relating to or arising out of any User's use of this Site, including any breach by any User of the terms of this agreement.
9.1 In the event any term or condition of this agreement is prohibited by local or other law, this agreement shall be construed in such a manner as to give force and effect to every lawful provision.
11 Personal data protection:
11.1 By submitting text-based content to this Site, you grant Collared a permanent license to reproduce such content where we deem appropriate throughout the member-accessible parts of the site. You should not continue if you do not want your details to be stored on Collared's systems. Personal data provided by you will be retained by Collared. Collared undertakes not to provide this information to third parties for marketing purposes.
11.2 You must not reproduce in any form whatsoever, whether electronic or otherwise, any text-based Content posted to this Site. This includes, but is not limited to, the transcripts of private messages, the Content of public discussion groups, comments from opinion polls, and member profiles.
12 Copyrights and trademarks:
12.1 Materials are copyrighted and are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. No logo, graphic, text, sound or image from this website may be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without Collared’s prior written permission. Except as expressly provided herein, Collared does not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, copyrights or trademarks
You are now part of a large group of guys with different backgrounds, talents, lifestyles, values, ethics and opinions. These House Rules are our guidelines on acceptable content and behaviour. The rules are in place for the protection, safety and enhancement of the online environment for everyone. The vast majority of Collared members are positive and supportive of other members.
MAINTAINING A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT
Our main House Rule is that you respect others, including both members and the team who manage Collared. Within the reasonable limits of personal dignity and your integrity, we ask that you follow basic rules of civility and respectfully ask that you should always aim to be polite and constructive in your interaction with other members and with the team.
From time to time one of our team needs to make a judgement call on the behaviour of a member. If a team member is concerned about such behaviour he is required to seek a second opinion from another team member before taking action. A conflict of opinion will be referred to the Promoter and Trustees for resolution. The team always has the final say and members are expected to abide by the decisions made. We appreciate that you may not always agree with how we handle conflicts or try to keep the peace. If people act in a way that we believe is contrary to our House Rules, we'll usually let them know how we feel and will give them the opportunity to put the situation right before we choose to end our relationship with them.
We believe in freedom of speech, but recognise that with that right comes the responsibility and the need to respect those who do not share the same views or ideals. We also have an obligation to respect the law, and the rights and privacy of other people, and we take our duty of care and member safety seriously. These considerations are paramount. We respect and encourage vigorous and constructive criticism and feedback about Collared but we don't see a reason to maintain the memberships of those who continually seek to attack us or to harm Collared’s good reputation.
GUIDELINES ON CONTENT
Although our House Rules help to explain some aspects, no list can ever be exhaustive in covering everything that we may consider to be inappropriate conduct for someone using our services. In using Collared, whether in private messages, in any public area such as discussion forum postings, and at any social events created for Collared members, we ask that you are civil and act responsibly, maturely and with respect for others. The following list shows some examples of inappropriate conduct:
• Disruptive, abusive or purposefully offensive behaviour: you should be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited.
• Personal attacks: disagreements with an opinion, even if you find it offensive, should not become personal attacks on the member expressing that opinion.
• Insults and name-calling: whether you do this using very basic coarse language or you try to be more clever about it by using sophisticated sentence structures and language, the end result is the same.
• Humiliating people or baiting people into anger or into making a hostile response: you should never seek to cause trouble or harm to others.
• Starting fights or perpetuating personal feuds: take your disagreements and feuds away from Collared.
• Persistently negative behaviour, facetious taunts and mockery: over time we can identify patterns of destructive, unnecessarily harsh or deflating responses that are not appropriate to the subject matter. Such continuing negativity, against either other members or indeed Collared or our team, has a long-term effect of sabotage and may damage the reputation and goodwill of Collared and its members.
• Contributing to a topic where you have nothing positive or constructive to add and nothing useful to say: this is inappropriate where the subject of a discussion or a posting is benign or neutral or where positive and constructive input is being actively sought.
• 'Trolling' and 'flaming': the acts of sending or posting messages that are deliberately hostile, insulting or posted simply as an attention-seeking mechanism. 'Trolls' often don't know how to interact socially very well and so use the technique of flaming to garner attention for their postings. The advice is simple: do not feed the trolls―ignore their 'flames' and their postings, removing the oxygen of publicity.
• Spamming and excessive 'bumping': you shouldn't send the same or very similar messages to hundreds of members, nor post the same or very similar contributions to the forums many times. Don't re-submit your posting to more than one forum discussion topic and don't keep resurrecting quiet topics every few hours.
• Illegal or highly objectionable postings: libel, slander, contempt of Court, harassing, defamatory, threatening, incitement to hate, racially offensive or other such objectionable material is not acceptable.
• Linking to offensive or objectionable material posted out of the kink context or without warning: if content on a linked site is not 'work safe' you should mention this before posting the link.
• Posting of private message exchanges, emails or other private and personal communications or information (such as full names, addresses and telephone numbers) without the written permission of all involved: this includes discussions between you and Collared ‘s team.
• Using 'name and shame' tactics: do not make postings that seek to name and shame other members of Collared for any purpose that may be considered derogatory, including suggesting that profiles or photographs are fake. You should notify the team instead.
• Inappropriate postings on Support topics, including posting anonymously without a clear support-related reason: messages must be posted for a support-related reason or relate directly to the topic under discussion. We're very strict in ensuring the integrity of our Support areas.
• Collared has a duty of care toward its members, so any public threats of suicide or self harm cannot be made on our site. This is because advice given in response from other members may be negative or harmful. We always recommend you contact professional support organisations or seek suitable help if you are considering suicide or you have suicidal thoughts. Contact info will be made available soon in our forthcoming Support area.
• Steering forum topics off-topic: keep to the original discussion in subject-specific areas and topics, do not force your own agenda within a particular topic to intentionally steer it off course.
• Posting spoilers without warning: do not post material that contains plot developments for films, theatre or TV series without clear notice. Remember that topic titles are broadcast even when a topic is in a forum specifically for spoilers.
• Commercial advertising: if you are the provider of services or products, do not post content that seeks to promote those services or products.
• Using multiple profiles for any purpose whatsoever: the use of multiple profiles usually leads to the termination of all profiles and any membership.
• Retaliating or responding to inappropriate conduct with your own: don't fuel fights as public retaliation only leads to further anti-social behaviour. In giving anti-social people an audience you do little but perpetuate the problem. You may also find that your own membership is terminated along with the person that started the fight, so don't get drawn in.
• Refusing to follow the instructions or directions of the Collared team when we feel you are acting inappropriately.
• Encouraging others to act in a way that's contrary to our House Rules.
THE BOTTOM LINE: SETTING THE STANDARDS
Collared is a member-owned non-profit organisation that provides services for which people may choose to pay to use, specifically our events. We understand that your use of Collared is entirely voluntary and that you have the right to terminate your membership if you feel that Collared is not for you. However, we always strive to ensure that we maintain standards that will benefit you and all other members of Collared.
Our team built the foundations of Collared and have invested in its development, chosen how to fund it and chooses how to maintain and grow it on an ongoing basis. We respect that, without our members, there would be no reason for Collared to exist―but we ask our members to respect that in choosing how to develop, fund, organise, manage, administer and grow Collared, the team also chooses what is in the best interests of Collared. Our guidelines are defined and maintained by the team that manages Collared and that team ultimately decides whether or not people are abiding by them and acting in a way that's in keeping with aims.
Because the use of Collared is entirely voluntary, we feel that if you believe our House Rules are too restrictive or you are not comfortable abiding by them, you should actively find an alternative organisation whose rules are more acceptable to you. Naturally we hope that you agree that a few House Rules are for the benefit of everyone within Collared and that you will choose to respect them and enjoy a long and positive membership.